Friday, May 23, 2008

DAY 43 - FRIDAY, MAY 23, 2008

ANDREW IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!!

What more can we say?  This calls for a big celebration!  We are thrilled, truly the best bday gift ever.  Today it's exactly 6 weeks from the day Aaron and Andrew were born.  It's been a long six weeks but on the other hand it's gone by FAST. I hope they remember each other.  He will be coming home with his kidney drain (nephrostomy tube). 

I will be staying overnight tonight at the hospital doing what's called "rooming in".  Andrew will stay with me in my hospital room and I will be caring for him the whole time (probably like "normal" deliveries).  Then if I have any questions about caring for the nephrostomy tube, or anything else, the nurses are right there to answer any questions.  Nurses will also show me how to change the dressing  on it and some of the do's and don'ts.  And Steve will get to take care of Aaron by himself tonight. :)  He will do a super job.  And starting tomorrow our hands will REALLY be full.  But we are going to LOVE it (uh, I hope).  No more (for a while anyway) of these daily trips to the hospital back and forth.  Eventually Andrew will be returned for his kidney repair but it'll be just for a few days when that time comes.

Thank you to all of you who so generously watched Aaron while I'd feed and hold Andrew at the hospital.  What a MAJOR help that was!

Extra side note:
(This has nothing to do with what I just wrote but Andrew weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz yesterday!  They are really growing!  Aaron is probably about the same weight)

4 comments:

B said...

Yay!!! Congratulations... we are so excited for you! You guys are going to do great with two, don't you worry about a thing!!! (Of course I can't speak from experience because I've never had twins or anything) But I'm sure it won't be as overwhelming as you think... my step-sister had twins (monoamniotic-- so they had their own set of challenges and were also in the NICU for a while) she said they seemed to be calmer together than they were apart... so let's hope for that!!! Good luck and congratulations again!!!

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! If you get completely overwhelmed just call me!

Lindsey F. said...

This is such exciting news!! I am so happy and can't wait for those brothers to be together again!

Sarah said...

Yeah! We are so happy for you guys...Good luck having two at home. I am sure the boys have missed one another.

slideshow