Saturday, May 17, 2008

DAY 37 - SATURDAY, MAY 17, 2008


Look what we bought yesterday!  In order to be real parents you have to keep up with the Jones and buy a mini van.  We now have a 2008 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited. And we love it!  It has 15 cup holders and just about every conceivable gadget except a soft serve ice cream machine (that's coming in the 2009 model). I find any excuse to go to the store (and that's unheard of) just so I can drive the new car.  It should give us more room for the twins. In our current car we can barely fit our double stroller in the trunk and not much else.  We've also got to get the babies loaded and the diaper bag and all the other accessories so nothing else could fit.  So we could forget going on trips anywhere in our current car.  We'd been talking about getting one but decided to purchase it before Andrew comes home.  Which we hope will be soon!

ANDREW-  For someone who has an IV on his head Andrew is doing marvelously well.  He acts like nothing has changed.  The nurses keep him well swaddled to prevent him from pulling on it, which he tried once.  He now weighs 6 lbs. 13 oz. and he was only 6 lbs. a week ago, so he continues to do well. The nurses call Andrew a very hard stick, meaning it is hard to find a good place for an IV. So they had to resort to using a vein in his head. They're also doing all they can to keep the vein open until his surgery Monday.  Although the surgery is expected to be 3-4 hours, the recovery should be only a couple of days and then he MAY be able to come home!!!  I'm trying not to get my hopes up but maybe it would be the best birthday present ever if he was home by Friday.  Today we were able to do 3 visits and he continues to be a great eater and sleeper.  I have to say he is the most content, easy going and beautiful (along with Aaron, of course) baby ever.

AARON-  All the neighbors were outside this afternoon so we took Aaron to meet them all.  I had to agree with them when they commented that he was the most beautiful baby.  Anyone that thinks different doesn't know what they're talking about!  All moms feel their baby is the most beautiful, right?  Aaron has been a little more fussy today but it's probably because he's plugged up and gassy.  I've been there before and it's not the most comfortable feeling.  We love our little boys more and more.  There's just no words to express how much we love them.  We can't wait until we can have them both together here at home! (PICTURE: It doesn't get any better than this)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to LOVE this van. I have the same one. I swear it was built by Moms. It has a ton of room and drives like a car. Have fun!

B said...

Well obviously you've been a mom for several weeks now... but this is what officially makes you two parents!!! Just kidding!!! You're going to love having a minivan though, anytime you go to the store, church, to disneyland, etc. Minivans are truly the best!!! I'm glad that Andrew is gaining weight, you can tell that he's just a strong baby! :)

Becky

funkitup said...

I am in awe of you guys! I am also very jealous on your recent purchase! Very Cool! Our prayers will be with you and your family through this surgery.

Love, Kim and Steve Johnson

slideshow