Thursday, May 1, 2008

DAY 21 - THURSDAY, MAY 1, 2008

I can't believe it's already May!  We now have to say, "Last month...." when referring to having our babies and all that's taken place.  Time flies when you're busy (and not getting as much sleep!).  Fortunately there's no big changes but when they're this young changes seem to happen every day.  Anyway, here's the update...

ANDREW-  Today when I went to the hospital for my daily visit (thanks to our many great friends who volunteer to watch Aaron while I go) I got lucky-- he was wide awake! At least for a little while.  I go at one of his feeding times and if he's awake then he gets to do as much from the bottle as he can.  What he can't do is put down his feeding tube.  So far he's had to have it through the feeding tube each time I've been there.  He was able to drink down 15 cc out of the total 50 cc that he gets, but it's more than what he's ever done when I've been there.  His nurse also said she doesn't see why he can't be moved to a crib (has to be approved by the doctor though) because he is doing so well.  Andrew is now stable and is monitoring his own temperature very well.  It's amazing to see the progress he has made over the last 3 weeks. (PICTURE: Andrew sleeping in the arms of Daddy)

AARON- Aaron has now outgrown his preemie clothes.  When I put a preemie outfit on him the other day I couldn't snack the top button for fear he'd choke to death.  So I put him in one of the newborn outfits and he drowns in it.  I have no doubt he'll grow into them soon.  I'm don't know what his weight is exactly but I'm sure it's close to 5 1/2 lbs.  Still very small.  Especially considering that I was twice that when I was born-- 3 days early.  My poor mother! (PICTURE: Aaron trying out his new swing)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that the babys are doing so well. Can you believe you weighed more at birth then your two boys together at birth. You are right more mom!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say poor mom instead of more mom. See what no sleep does to you.

slideshow