Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 31 - SUNDAY, MAY 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!  Today was a MUCH better day than last year.  After losing Rachel a year ago and losing my mom when I was young  Mother's Day hasn't always been easy for me.   I never thought a year ago how blessed I would be today to have two newborn babies.  It has been a wonderful day!  

This year I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessings I have received.  There just are no words to express how much I love Aaron and Andrew and how grateful I am for their arrivals and great progress.  They have brought me so much joy and happiness in the last month.  Even though Mother's Day hasn't always been easy I can say-- It has been worth it.  And I NEVER though I'd say that!  If you told me in the past that I would one day think that I probably would have  laughed and thought, "Right!"  Well, I've said it and I mean it.  

It has been 1 month today that Aaron and Andrew came into our lives.  They are both doing wonderful!
AARON- This evening we took dinner to his Grandma Ross along with flowers and a card for Mother's Day.  But the thing that made her happiest was to see Aaron and hold him and feed him.  Other than looking at him in his incubator the day following his birth she had never met him.  We were excited to take him to see her and look forward to letting  Andrew visit her once he's home and able to.  We took him to church again today and he continues to draw a crowd.
ANDREW- Both Steve and I were able to make a visit to see Andrew and feed him.  He continues to gulp up all his bottle and never ceases to amaze nurses (and us) at his remarkable progress.   One nurse said today she's known another baby with TEF and Andrew's recovery has been incredible in comparison.  It has been humbling to us and we have no doubt it was due to the many prayers in his behalf.

2 comments:

Nat Nat said...

Katie, I am a friend of Marylnn's. I have been checking up on the progress of your babies your blog is awesome. I am so happy for you. I can't even express how happy I am that Andrew and Aaron are both doing so well. I hope you will have them both home together soon.

I have had your little family in my prayers. I was blessed last year to have the chance to help ML with Rachel’s book for you, and I wanted to tell you how much that meant to me. I wanted to tell you that in her short time she made such a difference. Even to someone that you and she never met. I have learned to love and love and love and to be grateful for all the time that we have together. And I have learned from your strength and faithfulness that there are blessing out there for us even when we can't see them. I have learned from your strength and ability to trust in god no matter what. You are an amazing mother. I hope you don’t think I am nuts. Marylnn is so lucky to have your for a sister. Thanks so much for letting me learn from your example too. I am truly so thankful for your influence and I will continue to send my thoughts and prayers your way. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

Nancy said...

Katie - I'm glad things are going so well for you and Steve. It's wonderful to read about the continuing progress of both boys and great to hear about your happiness. It's long overdue and well deserved! Happy Day After Mother's Day.

Love, Nancy

slideshow