I sure hope Aaron and Andrew are friends when they get older. Lately they seem to be at odds with each other more than not. Although both are happy babies/boys they are about as different as two people could be.
Earlier today Aaron was peacefully playing with his favorite toy (he loves this thing- he could play with it for at least 15 min straight):
until Andrew walked (that's right!) over and wanted to join him. Andrew was in a very teasing mood but Aaron wanted nothing to do with him. Aaron is not smiling or laughing along with him but is whining to him and trying to push him away.
Lately I have had to oversee their playtime a lot more because they usually play in the same area at the same time and want the same thing at the same time. When they both want a toy at one of them will usually start whining, grunting, crying, or screaming since they don't speak words yet. In the last week or so some defensive mechanisms have been learned, without being taught. Aaron's favorite is pulling hair. Andrew likes to push. This afternoon they both wanted the same can at the same time even though there was another sitting nearby! Since Aaron had possession of it at didn't want to let it go he pulled HARD on Andrew's hair when he approached. Andrew doesn't usually cry when he gets hurt but he did this time. Maybe he was still remembering this later when Aaron was sitting on the time kitchen floor and had a car Andrew wanted. I didn't see what happened but I can only guess. While I was trying to make dinner I sudden heard a knock on the floor and hard crying from Aaron. When I hurried I saw Aaron laying flat on his back still holding the coveted car with Andrew sitting nearby with a familiar look, "I didn't do anything." I think I already know who is going to be the trouble maker- and I'm sure Aaron won't be very far behind.
Playing with cans
Yesterday a friend returned this bouncy seat she had borrowed for her little twins. Andrew loves it! I've found him laying in it, jumping on it, standing by it, spinning the toys, and climbing on and off of it. I rarely see Aaron playing with it but that's because Andrew has it and he doesn't want to deal with Andrew.
Every day Andrew is taking more and more steps than the day before. I caught him walking all the way from the little car toy to where he's at. In just 3 weeks he's gone from standing in one place and taking a step or two to taking about 15-20 steps at one time. He walks from furniture to furniture and can stand up in the middle of the room without any support. Aaron is making progress towards walking. He'll walk across a room if he's holding on the a chair, or a push toy, and yesterday he let go of a table and stood for a second before sitting down. I think I'm busy now just wait...



1 comment:
Wow, what fun. These guys are just getting more and more interesting. Such distinct personalities and temperaments! There's no stopping that Andrew. You're going to have to stay on your toes all the time with these two, Katie.
Post a Comment