Friday, June 12, 2009

14 Months...Yesterday

Now it's been two days but that's pretty much my life now- always behind.  If I think I'm going to go crazy busy now just wait until I have two little ones who walk.  I'll be there pretty soon.  In the last month Andrew has gone from just standing for a few seconds to taking several steps.  He wants to walk SO bad and probably could once he gets more confidence and realizes that he can. Aaron hasn't shown much interested in walking but he does let us help him take steps rather than just curl up his feet.  And he can crawl pretty fast- especially when he's trying to get something before Andrew reaches it!

In the last month we've seen an increase- both Aaron and Andrew- of temper tantrums.  I promise I didn't teach this to them (Steve might disagree!) but when they get upset they'll stiffen up, throw themselves back, grunt & cry that makes their faces turn red.  What makes them so upset?  Usually it's when the other twin taking the toy they're playing with or being put into the stroller.

Several years ago I purchased a hair cutting kit with the hope that I would be able to cut Steve's hair but he wouldn't let me get NEAR his head with those clippers in hand.  After the first haircut we gave Aaron & Andrew a couple of weeks ago I can understand why!  I thought clippers were the same as scissors but Steve educated me on the instruments used to cut a guy's hair.  At least I can practice on Aaron and Andrew since they won't know a bad haircut from a good one.

There's have been several changes the last few weeks but sometimes it's so gradual we either hardly notice or we don't remember exactly when these changes occur.  Andrew now waves goodbye, blows kisses, and says "mama" (I think!), and loves to look at books while babbling. Aaron claps whenever we say 'clap' and understands the word 'no'.  They both have one or two more teeth and continue to grow bigger even though we tell them to stop growing!  Yesterday I went to a dollar store to buy several plastic bowls since all of ours were getting thrashed and filthy all the time.  Their favorite things to do is spin the bowls or push them across the floor while crawling.

I've had a difficult time taking pictures of them the last few weeks because they never hold still. And I'm not sure how accurate the measurements are but I figured I'd include what we had for their weight and length (which I still need to measure).  I think the difference in their weight is greater than that, especially when I'm holding them at the same time and one arm hurts worse than the other.  And because I now have more people asking me if they're twins since one of them is so much bigger.  They always ask how much older Andrew is.  As though two minutes older is going to make a huge difference!  Whatever.

AARON       19.4 lbs.
ANDREW  21.2  lbs.

My aunt Nancy was here a couple of weeks ago for a day on her way back to California.  It was wonderful to see her and only wish she'd been able to stay longer.  I don't play favorites but she if the best aunt.  We were having a very difficult time getting A & A to hold still but this is the best one that little or no blurriness.




1 comment:

NancyO said...

I sure enjoyed my visit. Anything going on for the Las Gatos job?

slideshow