Scary Moment 1
Since they refused to take an afternoon nap- again- I decided to load them in the car for a quick drive to the store. As we were returning home I heard a BANG and looked behind to me to see what was going on. To my utter shock I didn't see Andrew in his car seat- he had leaned over his car seat to get something that had fallen out of his hand and he went tumbling too. Apparently in my hurry to buckle them up I got distracted and forgot the buckling part on Andrew. Oops!! Andrew then stood up between the door and his seat. He looked just as startled and shocked as I did! Since we were just at the bottom of our street- and to avoid him pushing the button to open his door and fall out of the car- I reached over and grabbed him, setting him on my lap. He thought that was the coolest thing! Trust me Andrew, it's not going to happen again...I hope.
Scary Moment 2
I have a suspicion that most scary times will involve Andrew since he has no fear. This evening after we bathed them Steve and I were in the walk in closet in Aaron's room looking for some documents. Aaron & Andrew were happily playing upstairs when we suddenly heard a cry of distress from Andrew. If Andrew cries I know it's got to be bad since he has a very high pain tolerance. Steven got there first and shouted, "Oh my gosh!!!" Andrew had been playing with an extension chord that had his night light plugged in at the end and it had somehow become wrapped around his arm several times and his neck once. It took a lot to get him untangled... how did he get it wrapped around him. Yikes! And we thought we had our house well child proofed. That extension chord is no longer there and we will definitely be keeping an eye out for ANYthing that become a hazard.
Scary Moment 3
Tonight as I was feeding them dinner Aaron starting choking and gagging. Just as I was about to pull him out of his chair and begin the Heimlich on him he threw up everything I had just struggled to feed him- applesauce, green beans, and mashed potatoes- all over his bib, the high chair and his shirt. After that it was straight to the bath for both and then bed... and a break for me.
What a day!!!!



4 comments:
Oh my goodness Katie I would pull all my hair out too! Just know you're in good company - we all experience those crazy moments in our kids' lives. They are so resilient though aren't they?? Thank goodness... They are absolutely ADORABLE!!!
Thank goodness for the natural gag reflex that takes care of most of the choking (I know, not all) -- or we'd be in trouble around here too! They sound like quite the munchikins! We need to get together and let the kiddies play. We're getting a pool fence put in today so the babyproofing continues!
Congratulations on making it through such a treacherous day. I'm glad everything turned out OK. I think you have more of the same to look forward to, so it's good your're getting practice now while they're still little. (And so cute!)
Geez Katie! Watch out it gets worse! It's a wonder I don't have grey hair by now. Three in one day though, has to take the cake!
Post a Comment