Last Thursday was a long day with two little ones that didn't want to take an afternoon nap. Besides that, they were making meal time difficult by throwing all their food off their tray rather than putting it in their mouths. By the time Steve got home from work I was having an emotional breakdown. That doesn't happen often but add PMS to the picture and it's probably more common than I think. For four days I had been trying to run some errands but I never made it further than the garage. Steve is the best husband and father! He told me to go... do whatever I needed to get done. "I'll feed them, bathe them, and put them to bed." Okay!! Sure. So while I went to make copies, stopped at the grocery store, and ran a couple of errands Steve took care of Aaron and Andrew. When I returned home he had not only fed them, bathed them, and put them to bed, he had mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned the kitchen, and was switching our DVR & DVD players out of reach of the little ones. When I left I was stressed out and crabby. When I returned home and smelled a clean floor, saw a clean kitchen, and heard no babies up I was smiling ear to ear and totally rejuvenated.
Since I was not in the mood to do anything productive I decided to waste some time online. I'd heard of Facebook and had a general idea what it was but that night I decided to join. So now I have a facebook account. As though I have time to spend doing it. But I have made contact with long lost friends from high school hat I haven't talked to for over 15 years.
Andrew is getting so close to walking. He already takes several steps at a time, walks from furniture to furniture, and loves to walk while I hold just one hand. Last Saturday we went to the outlet mall and got him two pairs of new shoes since the ones we had are too small. Since Aaron is much smaller he didn't need any new ones yet. Although Aaron won't be walking for a while he is slowly progressing but has yet to even stand without holding on to something.
Yesterday afternoon I was changing the laundry when I realized I may not have shut the gate at the bottom of the stairs. When I went to check it (the gate WAS closed) things were a little too quiet. Aaron was in the family room playing but Andrew was nowhere to be seen. After looking around a little I found him in bathroom eating toilet paper. He had a big wad in his mouth, some in his hands, and TP all over the floor. If only I'd gotten a picture! I couldn't help laughing.
Here are a few pictures...
Proud mommy with Aaron & Andrew
Andrew's girly hat
Aaron with favorite toy- spinning bowl
Andrew loves books and babbles while "reading" them.
This is probably his favorite book. Here he's making animal sounds.
Aaron's other favorite- hot wheels. He loves dropping them
on hard floors, tables, or in plastic tubs.



3 comments:
Hey glad to see you're joining the FB crowd! I tried to search you, but nothing came up? Look for me! The pictures are just precious...I LOVE their red hair!!!
Yay for Steve and getting a night off, Katie!
Love the pictures...I can see where the boys get their good looks. Tell Steve he is everyone's new hero rescuing you from "one of those" days! Hang in there.
Post a Comment