For over a month I've been trying to finish this post but haven't got around to it. Of course, there's lots of things I've been wanting to do and can't seem to find the time or energy. When we were at the doctor's office soon after these guys were born a mother of about 3-year old twins sat in the waiting area watching us. Then she told me how everyone always told her things would always get easier. "I am still waiting for it to get easier," she said. So am I!! My energy is sapped by the end of the day. Lately, they don't seem to think they need an afternoon nap but their actions tell a different story. Let's just say Aaron and Andrew have been keeping me busy and I'm sure once they're both walking I'll think it's even crazier.
BUT, they are getting more and more fun. Yesterday we purchased a camcorder because it's hard not to laugh and smile as we watch these boys and we'd like to share a part of that with family and friends. Sometimes I wish we could keep the RECORD button on at all times in order to capture every waking moment. Aaron and Andrew are little explorers and are curious about EVERYTHING. They have lots of toys but most of their time is spent playing with bowls, plants, and anything but toys.
Aaron is really into bowls- spinning them, throwing them, or pounding them.
Sometimes Andrew joins in the fun.
Andrew loved opening & closing the steamer. If I forget the close the cupboard door all the way it won't be long before Andrew is there to pull everything out. We added latches to the doors after Andrew pulled out a glass pie pan and it shattered at his feet. Fortunately he got no cuts, I got Andrew & Aaron out of the room fast, and swept the mess up before either got hurt. The next night latches were added to the doors.
"Go away, Andrew!" Aaron prefers to play by himself because Andrew is stronger and tends
to be somewhat aggressive. But Andrew always likes whatever Aaron is doing.
Andrew & Aaron playing a duet
Andrew is curious about that vacuum and how it works.
Aaron is more afraid of it, especially when it's on.
Aaron has a faddish with the fan remote. He's known from Day 1 how to operate the fan and anytime we set him down upstairs he immediately crawls to my night stand where it's kept and grabs it from on top. If anybody tries to take it from him he becomes INFURIATED!!
Playing with diapers, clean ones that is, is a favorite past time of Aaron's.
Andrew was so proud of himself when he could first stand at the piano on his own. Andrew is not walking yet and only stands for a few seconds at a time after letting go of furniture & other objects. Occasionally he takes a step or two before falling. Today, however, he took FIVE steps. He wants to walk sooo bad. Aaron could care less. He brings himself to standing position but when we try to hold his hands & walk he curls his legs and refuses. Someday. Yes, Andrew has no pants on. At home they often crawl around without shorts or pants on. If we leave the house I'll make sure they're fully dressed- usually.
This plant was full of rocks at its base. It became Aaron's favorite place to be downstairs. He would throw them from the plant one at a time until they were scattered ALL over the floor. After picking them numerous times we finally put the rocks in a ziploc bag until a future time. Besides that Andrew would often put them in his mouth. While Andrew puts everything and anything in his mouth Aaron is much more hesitant- and this includes most foods. Eating time with Aaron can be very frustrating and takes all my patience. There's a reason he's much skinnier than Andrew and it's not because I'm depriving him the opportunity to eat. I just noticed Andrew has one sock on and one sock off. Not long after I put socks on him he takes them off. Now I don't usually bother to even put them on. Aaron's usually stay on all day.
Whenever I open the panty door in kitchen and there's a baby in sight they zip on over as fast as they can. They've learned from sad experience that the door doesn't always stay open for long.
(Aaron) This is a picture when the plant was in 'full bloom'. Now there's a few sparse leaves on the top. At first when Aaron & Andrew would pull leaves off I'd put them back on. Now I've just got a collection of leaves to be added back later. I don't have much of a green thumb so plants in our house are all fake.



2 comments:
What fun! I'm curious what kind of camcorder you bought -- we're in the market for one . . .
Katie, It has been a while since I checked the blog and am amazed at how big the boys are. They are simply adorable. What a difference a year makes eh? Can't wait to see them in person. Hang in there! All moms have those days and most of us live thru it!
Post a Comment