With the school year starting this week here in Las Vegas it's a little weird to not be preparing my own classroom and gearing up for the new year. This is the first time in 10 years that I'm not starting school again. Certainly I'm not complaining; I'd rather be home with Aaron & Andrew any day. It's different though.
One of the assignments I would frequently give my students was to write an acrostic poems about a topic we were studying. Here's how you do it: write one word vertically and with each letter a word or sentence is written that tells about the vertical word). So I did one of Aaron and Andrew. Steve saw what I had done and felt the need to outdo mine by writing his own-- except he wanted his to rhyme. Here's both versions of poems:
A- At the time he awakes, Aaron is happy & giggles
A- Animated and very photogenic
R- Rolling over has begun this last week
O- Observes everything going on around him
N- Never have I seen so much spit up!
A- An answer to the prayers of many- he is a true miracle!
N- Now he wears a DOC Band, or helmet, to round out his head.
D- During feedings he usually closes his eyes and looks asleep
R- Reserved at first, then flashes that cute smile
E- Either his fists in his mouth or straight up in the air
W- When we burp him, he does long, drawn out belches like that of a grown man
A- Aaron smiles with grins and giggles
A- Always with a bunch of wiggles
R- Rarely does he sleep all night
O- Only if we wrap him tight, but
N- Now and then he fusses and fiddles when he gives a bunch of spittle
A- Andrew always smiles for Dad
N- Never yells unless he's mad
D- During meals he eats so well
R- Rarely diapers never smell
E- Every minute he gives a toot
W- We however think he's cute.



No comments:
Post a Comment