Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baby Shower

The beautiful cake and other decadent desserts!

This last Thursday some good friends of mine threw me a baby shower/open house.  It wasn't the first one someone planned for me.  On April 10, following my doctor's appointment, I intended to go to the school I'd taught at where my teacher friends had planned a shower.  Later that evening friends in my ward had gone to great lengths to throw me one.  To my utter surprise my doctor said rather than attend baby showers I would be having a birthday party- I was going straight to the hospital and having our twins.  What??!!!  You've got to be kidding? They were supposed to come for another two weeks.  So I had to call my friends and tell them I couldn't be there.  And since I was to be the center of attention (which isn't my thing) there would be no parties.  The babies ended up coming the next morning because 5 minutes before we were to go to the O.R. we got bumped.  Anyway, back to my point.  What was I talking about again?  Oh, yeah, not the first shower.  A third shower with my neighbors was to be that Saturday.  So I never had one.  

Friends were so generous to bring by their gifts over throughout the next couple of months.  Since Andrew was still in the hospital and we were dealing with his health issues my mind was else where.  So a shower never happened.  But I have a couple of friends who told me I HAD to have a shower, that everyone needs one, and I'm glad they did.  I, of course, am so grateful for my friends who put so much effort into  planning the showers that never came into fruition.  You are so thoughtful and kind.  And a big thank you to Michelle and Jessica for throwing this shower/open house.  And thank you to those who were able to come and join in the celebration.  I had a great time and so did the twins. Rather than thinking of it as a shower, it was more of a celebration of our two miracles, Andrew and Aaron.  

No comments:

slideshow