... neither one fell off and bumped his head (thank goodness)
Aaron (L) & Andrew (R)
Aaron(L) & Andrew(R) with Grandma & Grandpa Rawlings
In Nevada Halloween is considered a holiday- a state holiday- so there's no school and many employees have the day off. So we decided to go to St. George to visit with my parents. Now I know why we haven't gone out of town much since the twins were born (only to Lake Tahoe and a 1 night trip to St. George). It felt like we took all we owned-- between the two of us we took only 1 bag. Everything else was for the babies- bottles, diapers, wipes, plenty of clothes (which came in handy), formula, cereal, spoons, toys, blankets, portable cribs, bibs, burp cloths.... need I go on? All just for two days! Anyhow, even though it wasn't for long I'm glad we went. It was good to see my parents and other family who came by and just to get away. We were planning to stay until Sunday night but Aaron had a slight cold when we left and Andrew caught it while we were there. They didn't sleep too bad at night but they basically had no naps during the day. For babies who had such little sleep they were VERY content and happy, except when we had to suction out their noses. If any of you have ever had to do that (which, if you're parents I guarantee you have) it's not fun. It's sad to see/hear them screaming but it does the job at clearing them up- for a little while anyway. We ended up leaving Saturday evening so they could benefit from a humidifier and sleeping in their own bed. They've still got this cold and aren't feeling well. We hope these little monkeys get better soon.
Recently we began feeding Andrew and Aaron solid foods. Sometimes it's rather entertaining to see the variety of faces they make when fed something new. This morning they were given green beans for the first time and Andrew stuck out his tongue, perhaps to let us know how he feels about them.
Both Aaron and Andrew LOVE sucking their hands, fingers, thumbs- pretty much anything they can get into their mouths. After returning home from our ward trunk or treat a little early we got them ready for bed and fed them when we caught Aaron doing something new. Aaron discovered his toes and found something new to suck. I guess his thumb wasn't good enough.



1 comment:
Love the monkey costumes--they look so nice and cozy too!
That's interesting that there was an article about Harleman Halls. It's actually in my ward boundaries, and I have a lot of friends who live there. In fact, I think I remember being over there a while back and there was a guy there who was taking pictures and interviewing for the article. I'd love to live there, but it's unforunately a little outside my budget! It is a fun place though.
Post a Comment