
The twins are more fun each day! As they become more social we learn more about their individual personalities. For example, Andrew will lie in his crib after waking up and 'talk' to himself for as long as 30 minutes. Aaron, however, demands immediate attention- most of the time anyway. They both are very happy, content, and easy going babies. Sometimes when we attempt to feed them they'd rather smile, coo, and talk to us than bother to eat. We, of course, can't help but set the bottle aside and have a conversation with them for a few minutes. What we talk about, I'm not exactly sure, but we love it all the same.
A few days ago Andrew learned the art of gurgling and he now does it any chance he has. As we have played with both babies we have discovered some of their ticklish spots-- Aaron is very ticklish on his rib cage and giggles and laughs when we tickle him there. We are having so much fun with them and we've been told there is so much fun ahead. We can't wait.

This Thursday (July 31) Andrew has another surgery/procedure on his kidneys that won't be overnight- we hope. A stint was put in his left uriter when he had his last surgery to keep it open and draining. The doctor plans to remove it and possibly insert a larger one since it's still not draining as well as we hoped. Although still enlarged, his right kidney will continue to be watched but not be repaired since the doctor feels it will resolve itself over time.

We are looking forward to a vacation next month to Lake Tahoe. My family has a condo on the west side of the lake. This will be a test to see how Andrew and Aaron (and us!) do on long road trips-- it's a 9 hour drive each way (without kids). We shall see what our new travel time is. Some of the things we hope to do is go for the walks, enjoy the much cooler weather, drive/walk to the lake, and just relax. Of course, we will still be changing diapers, putting them down for naps, and feeding the twins. We're looking forward to a change of scenery and a break from the hot Las Vegas temperatures.
Andrew's Hick-Up Fit
6 comments:
One day you'll look back and be so grateful that you're documenting all the little nuances of both Andrew's and Aaron's personalities. They are things that will soon be forgotten as new things pop up. Good luck on the family vacation! Hope the boys sleep well!
Lake Tahoe sounds fabulous! When I saw the twins at church, I couldn't believe how big they are! It's fun to see them grow.
Too cute! How did you get the movie to post? Is there a trick? I can't get ours to work. Perhaps my file is too big (it's within the 100MB limit) or in a different format?
Just wondering!
Heidi
The boys are getting so cute! I can't believe how big they are getting.
Great pictures, Katie and Steve! I loved hearing Andrew hiccup (and breathe - I love that sound) - so cute.
Katie,
your babies are so cute, they look like you!!! Are you just so happy? It's great to hear from you. I hope everything goes well today for Andrew. Thinking of you. Marianne
I just started a blog, I'll try to get you invited, if I can figure it out. I'm still working on the picture thing too.
Post a Comment