Friday, January 29, 2010

Things I love about my new house

When we first walked through this house last October we both felt this was the house we'd eventually live in. We really liked the floor plan, the location, and the lot size. Other than the carpet it looked as thought it was barely used even though it was built in 2005. It's now been 10 days since we've moved in and there's very few things on the walls, the garage is full of junk, there's a long To Do list, and I feel disorganized. But here are a few of my favorite things about this house. I'll love it even more when the carpets are replaced next week and we have the master & second baths changed to tile from carpet.

Kitchen: I love the granite countertops, the center island, double ovens, LOTS more cabinets, and the huge walk-in pantry. Now I don't mind working in the kitchen. Wonder how long that will lasts?

Family room: we don't much hanging on the walls and the bookshelves are empty but the love the new leather sectional that was delivered the same day this pictures was taken. It's so comfortable that once I sit down it's hard to get me back up.

Butler pantry: often mistakenly called the 'butcher' pantry by myself. Yes, we slaughter hogs here.

Computer hutch: In the upstairs hallway, just across from Aaron's room and next to the laundry room.

Laundry room: I love that it's upstairs. No more dragging the numerous laundry baskets up and down the stairs.
Backyard: Even though it has nothing but small rock, dead plants, a TON of weeds, and some water fountain thing that was left, I'm glad we have the chance to do what WE want to do with it. And more than that, it's HUGE!! It's the biggest lot in the subdivision and is huge compared to most LV homes. We have many options when it comes to landscaping. Oh, and I love that it's located at the end of a cul-de-sac. Much less traffic and a lot quieter since we don't back up to a busy street like we did at our last house.

No comments:

slideshow