Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas & New Year

The last month (not to mention year) has flown by so fast. It's hard to believe that it's not only a new year but a new decade. This last decade had one of major changes in my life, for the good. In the last decade I bought a house (while single) and sold it, married the man of my dreams, and had 3 beautiful children. I've been allowed to have two of them here with me and they have brought me more happiness and joy than I can possibly put in words. Yes, there have been some rough times but by pulling together we've learned a lot and grown closer in the process. Although I know the next year and decade will have its challenges I have much to be grateful for and many things to look forward to. We had a wonderful Christmas as we celebrated the birth of Christ. Here are some pictures and memories-

The Sunday before Christmas a friend took these pictures for us. We almost didn't even put up a tree for fear the boys would destroy it or push it over and the fact that we're moving soon. Except for the first day or two they pretty much ignored it. They did enjoy throwing little toys into the tree so I guess those can be the ornaments.
The nice thing about little ones this age is they'd be perfectly happy with small and simple gifts. One of their favorites were measuring spoons and a neon spinning light. The cost: $5.
They also love their new legos and tricycles, even though they have a little growing to do before they can ride them well.
By the end of the day Aaron and Andrew were pretty tired! Aaron voluntarily laid on the couch and so Andrew had to do it too. Monkey see, monkey do.
Steve's family came over in the afternoon for a Christmas dinner and gift exchange but we took no picture. A couple of day before the big day one of the twins attempted to be a photographer and dropped the camera which damaged the lens permanently. Now we must pay about $100 and wait 7-10 weeks for it to arrive from Korea. We can still take pictures with our much bigger lens but in order to get a decent image we have to stand back what seems a mile away.

Christmas with the boys was a lot of fun as they became fascinated with new things around them. This year we put up very few decorations but they loved our single nativity set that was child proof. After breaking up several fights over who got to play with it I finally put it up higher. And they loved the lights outside the house. And the Santa decorations. I have a feeling next year they'll gave a much greater understanding of what Christmas is all about.

No comments:

slideshow