A & A looking at the rain through the sliding door. Notice how shaggy it is.
For the last 2 months or so Aaron and Andrew were in sore need of a haircut. It was beginning to get long and shaggy (by our standard) and would always knot up in the back. So finally today we gave them a haircut. Yes, WE cut their hair. It takes two- one to hold & distract them and the other to do the job. Whenever we've done a trimming before I always let Steve do it because I was afraid it would turn out horrible and cause me great embarrassment. But today I overcame that fear and did Andrew's hair while Steve did Aaron's.
Even though I knew they needed a haircut I still had a hard time watching them being butchered- and I let Steve know it with comments like, "That's too much!! He's going to be bald! But now it's not as red! Way too short!" So when it was my turn to do Andrew's we used a a longer clipper to leave it slightly longer. Of course, I thought his haircut was handsome! Aaron's? I wasn't so sure.
It didn't dawn on me why I was having such a hard time with their haircut until we were at my neighbor's tonight. They thought their haircuts were great and said, "Now they look like little boys instead of babies." And then I realized that my babies are gone. Each day they are becoming more and more like little boys.



1 comment:
Ahhh - a rite of passsage. They really do look older. (But still just as cute.)
Post a Comment