Friday, October 16, 2009

Just the First Step

This afternoon I got a very rare break- a friend and I got a pedicure, frozen yogurt, and went to Target. She has a 3 year old and so naturally the subject of potty training came up. Although it'll be nice to not have to change at least 8 diapers/day, I'm in no rush to potty train them. But she suggested at least getting a potty chair for them to get familiar with. I've been meaning to get one anyway since I do co-op and I won't have to have pee sprayed all over my toilet when a little boy goes on the big person chair. I figured one chair would be fine for now since we're not really doing the training yet.

While Steve fed them dinner they were completely fascinated while I unpacked the potty chair and examined it and how it worked (more to keep them entertained so they'd eat!). As soon as they got out of their high chairs they bolted over to the potty chair to sit on it, lift the seat, turn it over... and fight over it. The one who didn't win was crying hysterically and VERY upset. If they only knew what they were fighting over- a TOILET. Give me a break. Maybe I should have got two potty chairs after all.

Andrew couldn't wait to sit on the toilet. You can see Aaron behind- he's screaming and crying because HE wants to be sitting on it and playing with it.

Now Aaron's happy! HE gets to play with it by himself. Andrew quickly decided the toilet is no fun. It doesn't make any noise, has no wheels to roll around on the floor with, and is basically a boring 'toy'.... until tomorrow. Then the 'fighting' will start all over again.

P.S.- Aaron is in love with this toilet!! It's all he wants to play with. Maybe that's a sign he'll be easy to train. Andrew could pretty much care less.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Too funny. I guess I should think about that too. Sorry we didn't get together before we left. It was crazy with lots of family visiting to help us pack and move. Miss you! Let us know if you're ever up this way!

Sarah said...

Did you guys get the house around the corner from me??

NancyO said...

Aaron and I have an interest in common.

slideshow