Friday, August 28, 2009

Total Opposites- Almost


Aaron loves the sand box...

Andrew prefers to explore the yard and eat rocks.

When I am out with the twins it's not uncommon for people to ask me if they're identical or fraternal.  To me they look nothing alike (except the red hair) but it's not just in their looks. Aaron and Andrew are opposite in about every way imaginable.  So before they change yet again I thought I'd write down just some of them.

ANDREW is fearless; AARON is cautious.

ANDREW is very unafraid to approach people, even big kids; AARON gets imtimated when many are around, especially at the playground.

ANDREW is a daddy's boy; AARON is a mama's boy.

ANDREW eats most anything & will put everything he can in his mouth; AARON is a picky eater and puts almost nothing (including food) in his mouth.

ANDREW prefers to drink water; AARON would rather drink diluted juice.

ANDREW loves to drink from a water bottle; AARON prefers sippy cups.

ANDREW usually takes good, lengthy naps; AARON is lucky to sleep 1 1/2 hrs and once in a while takes no nap.

ANDREW is chubby; AARON is very skinny.

ANDREW will let pretty much anyone hold him; AARON cries when held by anyone, at least when Mom or Dad are around.

ANDREW has a short attention span (what little one doesn't?!) and is ALL over the place; AARON can play with something, especially stackable cups, for about 15 minutes before changing activities.  Sometimes he'll keep them in his hand ALL day.

ANDREW is very cuddly & lays on our shoulder when tired; AARON practically jumps out of our arms and into his crib (so he can walk & jump all over!).

ANDREW can't stay in the sandbox longer than 5 minutes before getting out to walk around & explore; AARON loves the sandbox and could play in it forever.

ANDREW is not ticklish at all; AARON  has been very ticklish almost since birth.

ANDREW has a high pain tolerance and hardly cries when hurt; AARON is very sensitive.



BOTH love to play at the park, especially the slide; have red hair & blue eyes (but are NOT identical); are very happy boys and smile and laugh a lot; and are loved and adored by their mom and dad.  




3 comments:

Heidi said...

Too cute Katie. I keep saying it, but we need to get together!

wanda said...

They are so adorable. I am so happy for you and the degree of enjoyment you get from them.

Nataluscious said...

Hey Katie! Your boys are fantabulous! They are such cute little guys. How are you managing with twins? I hope you are doing well - I am sure you are keeping busy!
Lots of love - Natalee

slideshow