Saturday, February 7, 2009

Two little monkeys crawling on the bed...

...One fell off and bumped his head.  This morning was the first time one of the babies fell off the bed, and I'm sure it won't be the last.  Steve was on the bed with Aaron and Andrew, but while Aaron went one direction Andrew quickly crawled off the other way and THUD!, down he went.  I think it scared us more than it did him. 

Andrew's pretty tough compared to Aaron.  He cried for a minute but was quickly smiling again.  Whenever Aaron is sitting up and falls back he starts crying. Andrew simply laughs and starts crawling to the nearest toy.  After what Andrew's been through (TEF and kidney surgeries) little bang ups are no big deal.  We're learning Aaron is the sensitive one. Another way of putting it- he's a big time Mama's boy! And I love it- at least for now.

Now that they're becoming more mobile* we're becoming more watchful.  One of their favorite things right now are door stoppers.  It'll keep them entertained for what seems like hours (it's probably only a few minutes, but that's a long time for 10 monthers). After catching Aaron pulling off the rubber end of one of the stoppers and putting it in his mouth, we've had to pull the ends off of most.  Everyday as they discover new things we're having to move things up or hide them from view.  One mother of 3-year old twins told me she eventually had to bungee chord the kitchen chairs together to prevent them from accessing cupboards and causing chaos.  Oh, we can't wait.

* Note:  Aaron & Andrew are ALMOST crawling.  But they're getting pretty fast at the commando/army crawl.

"It's so much more fun UNDER the Exersaucer than in it."

"Same with the jumper.  And wherever my brother goes, I follow."

4 comments:

April said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! They are both so cute! I hope we get to meet them someday! You look great!

Heidi said...

Don't they get more fun every day! I love it! We really, really, really need to get together!

Angie said...

Oh yes! I remember having to pull all the little rubber ends off the door stoppers. It's amazing what things kids find to get into!

Steve and Carrie said...

I finally had some time to surf and decided to check on the boys. They are so adorable and growing up far too quickly! What a great mom (and Dad) they have! Keep in touch! Carrie

slideshow