Saturday, January 31, 2009

Changes


Andrew

Aaron

One of the reasons I haven't added to our blog for almost four weeks is because I don't know where to begin. I have loved every age so far, but right now is my favorite!  (And I'm sure each one will continue to be my favorite) Each day they are learning  SO much as they explore and try new things.  It's hard for me to believe Aaron and Andrew are more than 9 months already! I can't put into words how much I love them and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful babies.  And I'm not just saying that because I'm their mother- they truly are such good babies. Very seldom are they fussy or cranky.  Andrew and Aaron are both our little miracles.

In the last 4 weeks they have changed SO much that they're almost different babies!  Here are a few things:
  • Teeth- In the last week Aaron's two top teeth came in and his increased mood and decreased eating let us know they were coming.  Andrew's two top teeth are on their way out.
  • Exploring- They are curious about EVERYthing.  A few days ago Aaron was on our bedroom floor while I was getting ready (Andrew was still in bed) and within about 10 minutes he'd pulled on the curtain, flipped the door stopper back and forth, and flip the handles up and down, and played with all the toys I'd put on the floor for him.  Andrew is doing the same thing.
  • Crawling- Not quite, but almost.  They both do the army, or commando, crawl.  They both get up on their hands and knees and rock back and forth.  Very soon they'll be crawling.
  • Dropping- In the last couple of weeks Aaron learned that if he lets go of something in his hand it'll drop.  He'll drop his binki, toys, Puffs (bite size flavored food), and anything in his hands OVER and OVER again as he watches them drop.
  • Bullies- Their favorite toy is the whatever the other baby currently has.  Andrew (and sometimes Aaron) will do whatever it takes to get Aaron's toy.  But Aaron is learning- the other day, after Andrew repeatedly tried to grab his toy, he switched it to the other hand, dropped it out of Andrew's view and played with something else.  Andrew left him alone.  I've even seen Aaron push Andrew away.  This morning, Andrew snuck up on Aaron and grabbed a toy out of his hand while he was distracted with something else in his other hand.  Then, when Aaron rolled over, Andrew took his other toy!  You'd better watch out for Andrew!
  • Physical therapy- Since November we've taken Andrew to physical therapy because of his weak stomach muscles due to his surgery shortly back in June.  His motor skills have accelerated now to catch up with, and maybe even surpass, Aaron's.  Since starting therapy he's learned to roll over, sit down, reach for things more, and army crawl.
  • Separation Anxiety- Just in the last week  they have started crying when someone else holds them. It doesn't happen all the time, and it's usually Aaron that cries. They're turning into Mama's boys!
  • Babbling- They love to try different sounds with their voice.
  • Head shaking and hand eating- I promise I didn't teach Aaron to go around shaking his head!  But he seems to enjoy doing it.  Andrew has always loved putting his hands in his mouth but lately it appears to bring him a lot of satisfaction. When he's excited, happy, and when he's eating (makes eating time VERY messy).
  • Hello!- Both Aaron and Andrew love it when we wave their arm and say, "Hello (or goodbye).  But Aaron will now wave on his own- just one little wave but it's SO cute.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

So much fun! And the learning curve just seems to keep speeding up. I keep saying every age is my favorite :).

Marylynn said...

I can't believe how big your boys are getting. When they start crawling you better watch out. Jenna just started crawling a few weeks ago and it seems like she can move faster and get into more things. I can't help but think Aaron looks more like a Rawlings then Andrew!

NancyO said...

Wow! I think I'd better be checking airfare bargains to Las Vegas. I need to see these guys in person again before they change too much. Sounds like you're having a great time.

slideshow