Monday, July 20, 2009

Random thoughts

Before Aaron and Andrew were born I kept up on my (written) journal fairly well.  Since they've been born not a word has been added.  That why I try to keep up on my blog so I at least have an online journal (plus pictures).  However, it has become very difficult lately to even check my email, let alone add a post.  Anytime I try to do it when the boys (kids, twins, babies, whatever) I've got two little ones trying to climb up my leg so they can sit on my lap to play with the mouse and press keys.  In the evening after they're asleep I'm trying to catch up from all the things I didn't do during the day so there's been many nights lately where I don't even turn on the computer.  By the time I actually sit down to add something it seems I've got too many things I want to say since this is a time of daily progress and learning for them.  I never cease to be amazed at how much they have changed in just the last month or two and I'm sure the speed will continue to increase.

So I'll try to be brief on a few thoughts or changes I have at the moment.  I'd love to add more pictures but lately I rarely snap a picture that's not blurry since they are on the go CONSTANTLY.
A couple of recent pictures-
Andrew 'reads' books every day and makes sounds and says 'words'.  
This animal sound book is one of his favorite. 

Aaron LOVES hot wheels cars and is found throwing, 
dropping, rolling, or biting them all the time

1.  Aaron and Andrew are finally on a one nap schedule which I find to be much easier.  It took a while but when Aaron would NOT take an afternoon nap (Andrew would) for 3 weeks I decided it was time.  They seem to have adjusted fairly easily and I don't feel like all I do is put them down for a nap.  Plus, I have a bigger block of time when they're asleep.  They wake up between 6 and 6:30, their nap is about 10:45 and they sleep 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  Bedtime is 6:30 which is early but they're ready for it.  I'm sure that just when we get adjusted to this schedule it'll change. The next big change is moving Aaron back into Andrew's room (probably tomorrow) since now their schedule is pretty close to the same.

2.  A week ago we spent big bucks buying a bike for each of us and a trailer to pull the boys.  The trailer can also be used as a jogging stroller so I've used it on my daily morning walks and we've gone on a couple of rides.  The boys aren't too hot about the new trailer and they let us know they're hate the helmets but each ride seems to be a little better.  It's been a very purchase and I feel like I'm getting more exercise.  Hopefully the newness doesn't wear off.
3.  If I had to name an animal that Aaron is most like it would either be a dog or a lion.  The other day when I was only feeding Andrew (Aaron had woken up much earlier) and he kept dropping food off the side of the tray.  Aaron was helping me out by picking food up and eating it.  He also like to roll/throw a ball but rather than stay in one place he'll sit by me, roll/throw it, go fetch the ball, and return to me to do it all over again.  The other animal is a lion because he has a pretty vicious bite.  We've already had six incidents this week and I know from experience it doesn't feel good.  The other day he bit Andrew so hard on the arm that it pierced the skin. Aaron most often bites Andrew because Andrew always wants whatever Aaron has and will do anything he can to get it.  Even though I don't believe biting is a good thing and we've got to put an end to it as soon as we can, Andrew might deserve it- SOMEtimes.  Another reason Aaron can be a lion is he will growl when asked what a lion says.  While he still does it we need to get it on video.

4.  Andrew has been walking now for about two months and is into EVERYthing.  He is so much more fearless than Aaron.  The other day when I was at the park with the boys he crawled up the steps, headed for a slide, and proceeded to go down the slide face first.  I quickly grabbed a foot and slid down behind him while grabbing  Aaron (who was on the platform at the top) and brought him down with me.  Aaron is slowly making progress towards walking.  He has been seen to stand up for a second or two and he's taken a step here and there a couple of times. Part of me is anxious for him to walk but at the same time I realize that once I've got two walkers (climbing will be worse) I will be even busier.

5.  In the last two weeks both Aaron and Andrew have got their first molars with the rest of them almost visible.  Andrew now has two molars and Aaron has one along with a new incisor.  Unlike the other teeth he's gotten so far, Aaron hasn't been more fussy  or seemed to have any side affects.  Andrew, however, woke up crying or whining in the middle of the night for about a week.  Other teeth he's had have caused no reactions.

No comments:

slideshow