Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Eleven months!

I keep telling Aaron and Andrew to stop growing but they don't listen- especially Andrew.  It's hard to believe they're now 11 months old and in a matter of four short weeks they'll turn ONE! Everyone has told me how fast the first year goes by but I didn't think it would go THIS fast!

Everyday they get cuter and cuter and more and more fun.  Andrew has now learned to pull books off the bottom shelf and pulls himself onto his knees in his crib.  He is so proud of himself because he can sit himself up that before falling asleep he has to play for up to an hour. Gone are the days where I can lay them down and they simply close their eyes and go to sleep. That actually ended a while ago but now they're more active before falling asleep.  I don't get it: if I had the chance to take two naps each day and sleep about 12 hours each night I wouldn't waste my time playing around.

Last week at Andrew's therapy appointment I fed them their bottle while they were in the stroller.  When the therapist (who happens to have two sets of twins- age 5 and 7 months) saw me holding the bottles she exclaimed to the babies, "Your mother is spoiling you!"  So at their next feeding they had to begin working for their food.  Aaron has caught on quick but Andrew prefers to play with his bottle after drinking a couple of ounces.

Aaron has now learned to go from a sitting position to a crawling position but he's in no hurry to crawl on his hands and knees.  Anytime I start working with him on crawling he gets mad and begins to scream.  When Aaron is upset he lets us know by crying or screaming.  This usually happens because Andrew has taken a toy he's playing with or starts charging toward him to come take it away.  I only hope this isn't the beginning of sibling rivalry.  Aaron has a very fun personality- always happy, giggly, and very responsive.  He is VERY ticklish (while it's impossible to get Andrew to even flinch when we try tickling him.)


Bath time is one of their favorite activities.  You can really see how pudgy Andrew is and how skinny Aaron is.


I try to go to the library a couple of times each month.  They love looking at books- and sucking on them too.


A thoughtful neighbor brought this by for us that another neighbor was giving away.  They LOVE this car (and so do I- trips to the mailbox or to visit the neighbors are much easier.  Yeah, going to the mailbox is a big deal.  That's how much I don't get out). 



Andrew can be found all over the place and under chairs, tables, the Exersaucer, and anything else he fits under.  He's on the go constantly.  But this is only the beginning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, they are getting so big!

Elder Larkin said...

What little stinker's you have! They are growing fast. I can really see how much you love being a mom by reading your blog. Lucky boys!
about the digital scrapbooking...it's pretty easy if it's something you like to do. I didn't really think I'd like it, but once I got started, I decided it was really fun. No mess either!

slideshow