Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day in Vegas??

When I heard school was cancelled today in Clark County I couldn't help but laugh.  Sure, there was a lot of accidents last night because of the slippery road. That's because most people here have never lived in snow and don't know how to drive on it (not that I'd want to drive in it on a regular basis).  I grew up in California so I'm not a native of a snowy place but I have lived in northern Utah and taught school there.  They would be laughing if they learned school was cancelled and we had no snow on the ground.  It had to be the worst of storms, like a blizzard, until school would be cancelled.  One thing I heard today, though, was teachers still had to go to school.  Even though I'm not currently a teacher I have to speak in defense of them.  This snow day will have to be made up eventually- by kids AND teachers, but teachers don't get a day off today like the students.  Teachers truly don't get paid enough.... they'd probably be working today even if they did get the day off .

I still can't believe it.... SNOW DAY in Las VEgas???????

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Actually, it was canceled for students and teachers. Just the administrators and maintenance people had to go in.

Katie Ross said...

Oh, glad to hear that. I must have heard wrong.

Elder Larkin said...

Katie,
Thanks for the adorable Christmas Card! Way cute pictures. You have a great family. Merry Christmas you guys!

Mom in Orem said...

Katie and Steve,

I got your wonderful Christmas card and looked up your blog. I cannot tell you the thrill it is for me to know of your beautiful sons and the miracles surrounding their lives. I love you so much and am very grateful the Lord has blessed you with twins. Have a wonderful new year! Ann

slideshow