
As we celebrate this Christmas season I am filled with joy for the two great blessings we have- Andrew and Aaron. At this time last year I wasn't in such a joyous mood. In fact, Christmas last year was one of the hardest I've had and we just went through the motions. It was a year ago this week we learned Andrew wasn't going to live. After losing Rachel only eight months earlier you can't imagine what it was like. Of course we were happy that one of the twins was healthy but it still didn't make it easy to learn we would lose one. That week we even called the mortuary and reserved the spot next to Rachel so they could be buried next to each other.
Andrew is our miracle! I know that because of the many prayers in our behalf and the priesthood blessings I received he was born a fighter. There are many tender mercies surrounding his birth. Although I would have preferred to deliver them natural a c-section was arranged. We did not know ahead of time about his TEF and may not have lived if he'd been delivered natural. Another blessing was Andrew weighed close to a pound more than Aaron at birth. This made it possible for him to undergo major surgery the following day to repair his trachea & esophagus. We are also very grateful his kidneys were not as serious damaged as previously expected. This allowed us to put it "on the back burner" until the more life threatening issue of his TEF was taken care of. I should mention that a follow-up kidney ultrasound done today is the best one so far! He is making excellent progress!
There are not words to describe my love for Andrew. He brings me so much joy and happiness each day. I love it when he grins big, breathes in excitedly, and kicks fast whenever he sees me at his crib following a nap. I love it when he cuddles against me before his naps. I love the spiked hair near the crown of his head. I love his high pitched voice and the squeal he makes. I love watching him play with his feet. I love hearing him say "dahdahdahdah." I love his bashful little grin when he turns away when someone new (or familiar!) smiles at him. I love his hacking-like chuckle that's intended to be a giggle. I even love getting up in the middle of the night to stop his crying by putting his binky back in his mouth.
But most of all, I love that he's healthy and strong and very much alive.



5 comments:
hip hip hooray for Andrew!
I feel like a "nosy nellie" but I just had to comment. I'm so happy for you! Andrew is so sweet and I loved this post! Thanks for sharing.
that made me have tears in my eyes. I'm grateful that Andrew was a fighter and is going strong.
You REALLY have been through quite a year!! And look how big and chunky and handsome they are now!!
How are your little boys? At least they won't remember anything, right?!?
I use the extended/wide format for my blog. When I upload them I use blogger. It askes you if you want your pictures centered, to the right or left, or nothing at all. I choose nothing. You have to select medium size if doing landscape pictures and want them side by side, but you can do two large ones as portraits. Just right click on the photo and drag it where you want it to go!
Post a Comment