Every day for about the last week I have planned to update our blog. However, once the babies are asleep at night I am exhausted and say to myself, "I'll do it tomorrow." Since I am worn out and tired this post will be rather scattered and probably not make much sense.
For about the last week or two my energy has been zapped because their naps have been VERY short naps... if they even fall asleep at all. Along with that it's been a struggles to get them to eat. Up until a couple of weeks ago Aaron and Andrew were guzzling down their bottles, but now we're lucky if they take a couple of ounces at a feeding. If only they could talk and tell us why! Our guess is that they are teething. Everyone else must think we're crazy because when we take them anywhere else they are on their best behavior-- giggling, smiling, and kicking. But when it comes time for feeding or napping you'd better watch out!
In the last couple of weeks there have been some fun changes. Both Andrew and Aaron love it when we do peek-a-boo with them and they have fun playing with new toys- an Exersaucer and a jumper. We have very few door frames downstairs so the only place we could put the jumper is between the laundry room door and the kitchen. They haven't quite learned just how powerful those legs can be but they seem to have fun 'standing up'. Aaron and Andrew are so much fun!
This last Friday a friend of mine from Utah and her family were visiting in Las Vegas and came by for the afternoon and evening. Her name isn't hard to remember- Katie. When I was in high school she and her family moved to Fremont, CA and during my junior and senior year we were inseparable. People called us the Katies or Katie Squared. It has been about six years since I have seen her so it was great to visit with her and get to know her husband and two children.
Yesterday morning the phone rang... it was a friend of ours that used to be in our ward and had recently moved to Meredian, Idaho. Before she moved I had told her a brother of mine, Eric, and his family live there and then thought nothing more of it. She was calling to tell me that while cleaning the chapel with her ward members she learned Eric and his family live in her ward. What a small world.



1 comment:
Katie - This is the Armitstead's please call us in Utah! 8/10/2012
Post a Comment