Yesterday Andrew came home from the hospital. Unfortunately we were just too tired at the end of the day to update the blog. Other than a large bandage covering the tiny incisions he had from the surgery he was completely tubeless and wireless. He also seemed very happy and content to be home, although occasionally you could tell he felt a bit achy at times. But overall his recovery has been so far very quick. It was so nice to be able to hold and feed him for the first time without the nephrostomy tube and bag in tow. Before we would occasionally forget about the tube and it would accidentally get pulled just a bit to cause him some pain. We then got an ear full as a result of our mistake. So having him free from all of that allows us to better enjoy holding him and have more quality snuggle moments. (PICTURE: Andrew sporting his new bandage)
Today Aaron and Andrew are EIGHT weeks old! Can you believe it! It has gone by so fast, yet seems like ages have past. We can't believe they will be two months old already on the 11th. Earlier this week I was changing Aaron's clothes (which happens multiple times throughout the day) and couldn't believe it- his onesie was tight on him. I swear, just last week the same onesie was loose on him. And now, only a few days later, I can't get the newborn size clothes on either of the twins. Some of their clothes they only wore once and then they were too big for them. I am so sad because it means they're getting bigger. Well such are babies. Even though I look forward to all the fun stages ahead (especially sleeping through the night!) there's something special about newborns. Then again, I don't think they've even reached 10 lbs which is about how big I (Katie) was at birth. When we went to the pediatrician last week Aaron was 7 lbs. 15 oz and Andrew was 8 lbs. even. Four days later when I took Andrew for his pre op assessments at the hospital he weighed 8 lbs. 11 oz. (PICTURE: Hey Mo...nuck, nuck)
When I got up this morning I realized it was the first day I didn't have to go anywhere. Neither one had to go to a doctor's appointment and I didn't have go to the hospital to visit Andrew. I was able to enjoy the morning (relatively speaking) and didn't have to rush off anywhere. I also was able to give Andrew his first real bath. Before I had to give him sponge baths because of his tube, but now he can get fully wet. As I was bathing him, I just about peed my pants when he unexpectedly released a tiny stream of bubbles from below. The tiny zipping noise the bubbles made and how he so matter of factly let them out made me laugh so hard. He seemed so unaware what he was doing was sooo funny. We are just so overjoyed to finally have team Andrew and Aaron home for good now. (PICTURE: Andrew taking his first bath)




1 comment:
So glad they are growing to well. They are so cute. I tell ya babies can out grow and outfit over night. I swear! Oh an about the ghost crying. My youngest is 2 and I still have times I wake up in the night and think I hear one of them. Welcome to the joys of motherhood insanity! It's a fun ride.
Post a Comment