Sunday, June 8, 2008
GHOST CRYING
Our twins are really good babies. (I can say that now because both of them are peacefully asleep) Sure, they do their share of crying- especially when they're hungry, or tired, or bored, or they have a dirty diaper, or for no reason at all. Yesterday there was a period of loud crying from either Aaron or Andrew and sometimes both. Eventually, after a lot of effort, both of them were finally asleep in their crib. I was downstairs trying to relax while Steve ran some errands. The crying wouldn't stop, though at least I THOUGHT so. I checked the monitor- no sound, no moving. Maybe it was broken. Now I KNOW I heard crying. Just to make sure I tiptoed into their room and peeked and still heard no crying. When I came downstairs though it was still there, it wouldn't leave. Finally I had to admit that it was my imagination and that I hear crying so much throughout the day that when everything is quite my mind begins to play tricks on me. I guess every mother goes through this at first. They become so hypersensitive to any noise a baby makes that they start to hear it in their minds. Does anyone know if there is a name for this phenomena?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I have no clue if there's an official term for it, but welcome to the rest of your life. Or at least the next 3 years, I'll let you know if/when it eases up. It's not as common as it was when she was little, but I still swear I hear random crying. Crazy.
Post a Comment