Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Good-bye formula, Hello savings

It's no secret that children are expensive: diapers, bottles, clothes, cribs, car seats, bouncers, swings, strollers, and the list goes ON and ON.  Even though it can be costly it is so worth it!!  But I am happy to report that we have recently had some savings in the baby department.  Today is the first official day on all milk!  For the last week I've fed them half and half (not the product half & half!)- half formula and half milk.  They have tolerated it very well and Aaron has actually been drinking all of his bottle, which is a first. In addition to this savings about a month and half ago I stopped feeding them jar food.  It takes a little (okay, a lot) more effort on my part but it's been worth the savings- and the better health for them.  When it comes to feeding them solids I admit I'm probably overly cautious.  Most first time moms probably are but we also have a greater risk of Andrew choking because of his TEF. Each day we see progress-and a bigger mess!- with self-feeding.

Without an afternoon nap Aaron is VERY tired

"I've had enough!"

Andrew is doing better at self-feeding- and making a bigger mess

Andrew LOVES being held upside down.  He's be happy being like that all day!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Gabby loves upside down. It's the crazy mover thrill seekers that do I guess :)

NancyO said...

A dietary milestone. Good for them and you.

Marylynn said...

Aaron looks so much bigger from the last time I saw him and it wasn't that long ago. Hurry for them on the milk! Sometimes it's easier and other times it's more of a pain.

slideshow