Normally Aaron and Andrew wake up between 6:30 and 7 a.m. However this morning we first heard a baby awake at 5:45 a.m. Way too early for us! But I think it's because Aaron was so excited it was his birthday. Kind of like when I was a child and couldn't sleep Christmas Eve because I was full of anticipation to see what Santa brought. (We soon learned it was due to a poopy diaper but I'd like to think he knew it was his special day.)
This afternoon we had a party with our neighbors, friends, and some of Steve's family. We planned to keep the party simple with just cake and ice cream. By the time the celebration began, however, our counter was full of delicious food, lots of friends, and presents everywhere. It's hard to keep a party simple for the first birthday of special babies like Aaron and Andrew! They had a great time playing with the tissue paper, boxes, wrapping paper, and of course all their new gifts. Aaron and Andrew wish to say thank you for coming to their party and for all the fun toys. Happy Birthday Aaron and Andrew!
A&A's birthday cake
Blowing out the candles
Aaron is better at smiling for the camera than eating cake



4 comments:
Happy birthday, Aaron and Andrew! Looks like they had a blast at the party! (Kind of hard not to, when there's cake involved!)
I was thinking about you guys all day yesterday--I can't believe it's been a year. Glad you've had such a joyful, happy year.
Wow, looks like they got a mega haul! Happy birthday to the boys! You guys certainly have a lot to celebrate, and I'm glad the last year has been so wonderful for you.
Katie they are so beautiful and getting so BIG!!! Can't believe they are already a year old - Here's to many, many more happy b-days ahead!
Happy Birthday. Wish we could have been there! We've had colds since then, but I still have a present sitting right here -- We need to come see you guys!
Post a Comment